Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Gallery 47 {Where I Would Take You}

Oh, I really didn't want to do this - I am using this 52 photos project as a way to shoot every single week in order to practice and improve my photography.  Under no circumstances did I want to provide a picture that I had taken prior to the prompt.  But after wrangling with my thoughts on this, I just could not bring myself to take a picture of something where I currently reside.  There is nothing that moves me enough to want to show others.  If you know a West Virginian then more than likely you find out that our hearts are always in West Virginia.  Almost Heaven.  Are there more interesting and beautiful places on the earth?  No doubt.  I appreciate all of the places I've traveled - both stateside and abroad.  But no matter where I've gone, nothing takes my breath away or gives me a feeling of calm like the simple hills you see below.  There is no other place or location that I would want to show someone.  

We've hosted 5 exchange students from around the world.  When we hosted we either lived in Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA - are there some magnificent places I wanted to show them in those places?  Of course.  But I could not WAIT until we took each student on their first trip to West Virginia!  This is the place I wanted to show them and the place I would take you.  I can say confidently that every single student LOVED West Virginia - there are even 2 that will say it's their favorite place in the United States.  There is something intoxicating about those hills and the laid back, country life they offer.

 This shot was taken in 2009 with a point and shoot camera back on my father's farm - nearly 350 acres of wild, wonderful, West Virginia!
Project #11

No comments:

Post a Comment